To keep yourselves and your customers safe, it is vital that you and your team have HACCP training so that you are safely following your HACCP plan.
HACCP training online
What is HACCP online training? The Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) method is a system for you to ...
What is HACCP online training?
The Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) method is a system for you to follow to ensure your food business is run safely. For you and your team to make sure you keep yourselves and your customers safe, you and your team must have HACCP training so that you are safely following your HACCP plan. HACCP online training is an excellent alternative to more traditional training. You can train yourself and your team remotely at a time convenient to you, and you can cut costs simultaneously!
This article goes through the benefits of online HACCP training and how much it costs. It will give you a good understanding of how HACCP training online can help you!
What are the benefits of HACCP online training?
Online training has become increasingly popular in recent years, and for a good reason. Compared to more traditional training methods, like having a food safety specialist come and give you training, online HACCP training gives you more control over the type of training, the cost, and the time your training is available. There are plenty of HACCP training options and HACCP training materials available online. Here are some of the pros of online HACCP training courses:
- Specific training - With such a wide variety of business and industry types, online HACCP courses are an excellent option when looking for training specifically for your business. For example, if you are a juice manufacturer, finding juice HACCP training in person nearby may be challenging, so going online will significantly benefit you. It also gives you the option to choose different levels of training. So you, your managers, and the rest of your team can receive other levels of training catered to your needs.
- Cost - Attending training courses in person or having a food safety professional come to you for HACCP training can be very expensive. In general, it is much more cost-effective to run your HACCP training online, and you can also find some HACCP training online free. In the next section, we will go into more detail on the cost of HACCP training.
- Time - Another benefit of doing HACCP training online is the ability to schedule it for yourself and your staff at a time suitable to you. This may be more helpful than organizing a time for all of your team to receive HACCP training.
How much does online training cost?
As with most things, the cost of HACCP training can vary hugely. Ranging from free to up over a thousand, it is always worth your while shopping around to make sure you choose online training suitable for your team. You can expect to pay anywhere from $30-$400 for your HACCP training (per person).
Several aspects will affect the cost of your online HACCP training.
- Industry type - Depending on your specific food business type, you may need to pay more for specialized training, for example, if you are looking for juice HACCP training.
- Accreditation - When you decide which training your team needs, it can be beneficial to opt for an accredited training provider that can issue HACCP training certification and help you on your way to becoming fully HACCP certified. In general, these courses tend to be more expensive than non-accredited courses.
- Course length - Many beginner courses may only be a few hours long and cheaper. As you go through more advanced courses, they can be split over a number of weeks and may have coursework and more interactive teaching, which will likely cost much more.
You should always check to see how much your courses will cost moving forward if you wish to stay with the same provider. Many online HACCP training providers will have a cheaper introductory course, with more expensive courses as you move up the levels. Online HACCP training courses are highly recommended and can prove to be extremely valuable. But as mentioned earlier on, always make sure to shop around and see what course and price suits you!
Read more about the difference between a HACCP certification course and a HACCP training course.