FoodDocs OÜ, registry code 14177340, located at Endla 15, Tallinn, 10122, Estonia (hereinafter „FoodDocs“) administrates the FoodDocs platform at https://www.fooddocs.com, which creates a digital desktop for legal entities specializing in food.
1. DATA COLLECTED
FoodDocs shall process the data about Users, which Users have voluntarily submitted to the FoodDocs platform. Users understand that the submission of data to FoodDocs is voluntary, but they will not be able to use the FoodDocs platform and the services it renders unless the data are submitted.
FoodDocs shall collect and process the following data about Users (hereinafter collectively referred to as „Personal Data“):
- name, telephone number, and email address;
- information about the legal entity being represented (enterprise name, registry code);
- the User’s profile picture;
- credit card data for the purpose of paying for the service;
- other data that the User decides to disclose about itself on the platform.
2. PURPOSE AND LEGAL BASIS
FoodDocs shall process Users’ Personal Data on the basis of the following:
The legal contract concluded between the legal entity represented by the User and FoodDocs in order to render the platform service to it, which also includes granting access to the platform;
The consent is given by the User to FoodDocs. On the basis of the consent, FoodDocs shall process such data which are not indispensable for rendering the platform service in case the User has still decided to submit them on the platform voluntarily (for example, the profile picture);
For fulfilling relevant legal obligations.
3. DATA FORWARDING AND STORAGE
FoodDocs may forward the User’s Personal Data to third parties, for example, auditors, legal service providers, accountants, or any other persons who render services to FoodDocs (for instance, a cloud service provider or food technologist). FoodDocs has undertaken every effort for the above third parties to ensure the confidentiality and security of the Personal Data.
The third parties to which FoodDocs forwards Users’ Personal Data may be located outside the European Economic Area where other personal data protection regulations might be effective and for which the Europen Commission has not implemented the decision on the adequacy of protection. In the above countries, the security of Personal Data (including protection from misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction) may not be guaranteed at the same level as in the European Union. In case of forwarding the Personal Data beyond the European Economic Area, FoodDocs shall guarantee the implementation of appropriate security measures. If the User wishes to receive a copy of such data, we ask you to notify FoodDocs accordingly.
FoodDocs has implemented the necessary organizational, physical, and IT security measures for the data published on the platform, including the Personal Data, to be protected from any misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Third parties have been informed that they may solely use the Users’ Personal Data for the purpose and to the extent specified by FoodDocs.
FoodDocs shall store the Personal Data for as long a period as prescribed by the law but no longer than FoodDocs reasonably needs to fulfill the purposes for which the data were collected or processed; among other things, the storage of the Personal Data until the expiration of any potential claims by the User may be one of such criteria.
FoodDocs shall implement reasonable measures for ensuring that the Personal Data is accurate and reliable.
4. USER'S RIGHTS PERTAINING TO DATA COLLECTION
The User has the following rights pertaining to data collection:
to request access to the Personal Data about the User collected by FoodDocs and to request a copy of the Personal Data;
- to request the correction, amendment, or deletion of the Personal Data if they are inaccurate or are not processed in accordance with effective requirements;
- in cases established by the law, to demand that FoodDocs restricts the collection, processing, or use of the Personal Data about the User;
- in case of a violation of the User’s rights, file a complaint to the Data Protection Inspectorate.
Cookies are essentially the text files that are saved on the User’s computer, smartphone, or other devices.
The cookies that FoodDocs uses on its platform can be divided as follows depending on the time of placement:
- Temporary or session cookies expire when the User leaves the platform or closes the browser. FoodDocs uses session cookies for certain functions of the platform to work (for example, logging in).
- Permanent cookies are permanently stored on the User’s device for the period specified in the permanent cookie and are activated when the User visits the platform whose cookie has been installed. The purpose of permanent cookies is to remember the User’s preferences on the FoodDocs platform. For instance, FoodDocs uses permanent cookies for remembering language preferences or saving information about the company and its place of operation as well as its authentication code.
FoodDocs also uses the following type of cookies on its platform which can be distinguished by the purpose of their placement:
- Strictly necessary cookies are important for navigating the web page, using its functions, and rendering the services selected by Users. The web page cannot be provided, and requested services cannot be rendered to the User without the installation of such cookies;
- Preference cookies allow the options chosen by the User (for instance, language preference) to be remembered in order to create a more personalized and convenient user experience.
The User can delete cookies or block them, using browser settings, at any time; however, some cookies may be necessary for the functioning of the service rendered by the platform. To that end, the User understands that some functions of the platform might not work properly if cookies are deleted or blocked.
The Following Types of Cookies Are Used in the Site:
Strictly necessary/essential cookies. These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for cannot be provided. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor.
Performance cookies. These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
Functionality cookies. These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Behaviourally targeted advertising and messaging cookies. These cookies are used to deliver adverts and messages more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement or message as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising and messaging campaigns. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers or messaging service providers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
6. CONTACT INFORMATION