Frequently asked questions
Is FoodDocs software compliant and certified?
FoodDocs being certified means that FoodDocs has documented processes. It’s not about us certifying our customers but being a reliable company to work with. FoodDocs helps you to set up and follow your food safety system more easily.
Can I use FoodDocs if I have ISO 22 000?
FoodDocs is suitable for all food handlers, including producers and primary producers, covering several food safety standards, including HACCP, HAPRC, ISO, FSSC, VACCP, TACCP, BRC, IFS. Sign up today!
Will local authorities approve my digital HACCP plan and monitoring sheets that I created FoodDocs?
A compliant HACCP system needs to be on site of every food business according to the law. It can be on paper or in digital form, whichever the customer prefers.
How can I show my digital HACCP plan to the local authorities?
You can show your digital HACCP plan to your inspector either from your computer or from a mobile device. You can also invite your inspector to view your FoodDocs dashboard remotely on the inspection day. This helps you to spend less time on the inspection itself.
Who is responsible for my HACCP plan that I created in FoodDocs?
The official representative for a food business is responsible for creating and having a compliant HACCP plan and system. FoodDocs is a software that helps businesses that serve and sell food to create and manage their food safety system.
Can I have a contract with FoodDocs?
Is FoodDocs software secure?
FoodDocs uses industry-standard cryptographic authentication methods to keep all your account and company data secure. FoodDocs creates backups of your data on a daily basis which are stored for one week by default. Your company data is accessible only to users authorised by your main user. Your company's main user has an overview and control over all access rights granted to users (including access rights granted to FoodDocs support personnel).
Where is data stored?
FoodDocs has three secure data center parks: Germany, Nuremberg; Germany Falkenstein/Vogtland; Finland, Helsinki. All server systems used by FoodDocs come with an ISO 27001 certificate.
Who can see my inserted data and recipes? How safe is it?
All inserted data, including recipes, is accessible for only those people the customer has given access to. Nobody else can see your documents in FoodDocs.
What happens with my data if I cancel my subscription?
All your data will be deleted in 30 days after canceling your subscription.
Can I export all the inserted data?
During your subscription period you can always download and print all the activities and data you have inserted into FoodDocs.
What languages do you support?
FoodDocs is available in the following languages: ENG, GER, SPA, CAT, EST, RUS, UKR, LAT. Our app and our dashboard support all these languages.
How and in what currency do I pay for the software?
You can pay with a credit card or with an invoice, in three currencies: EUR, GBP and USD.
On what devices can I use FoodDocs?
The most convenient device for creating your HACCP is a computer desktop. For monitoring your everyday activities, any mobile device is convenient. Our app works on both devices, on iOS and Android.
What happens if my internet connection is poor or disappears? Like in basements, on ships, etc.
Our app can also work offline. As soon as it gets connected, your data in FoodDocs will be synchronised.
How do I get monitoring reminders?
You need to download the app first to get notifications through the app. You can change the monitoring sequence to match your need under the Settings icon.
Can I customise my HACCP plan in FoodDocs?
Can I download my HACCP plan?
Yes, you can download your HACCP plan as a paper copy when you have at least a year-long subscription.
But truth be told, you don't need to print your HACCP at all! Keep it digitally and show it digitally to your inspector and to your staff.
What if I need help to set up my FoodDocs account?
What if I don't know all the specifics of local rules?
How do I choose my main field of activity?
- Food service - you provide food service, i.e. prepare or reheat food to eat on-site or to take away (incl. restaurant, cafe, bar, pub, nightclub, hotel, hostel, B&B, etc.)
- Food retail - you sell food to the final customers (incl. shop, shopping centre, market, kiosk, point of sale)
- Food production - you produce food in a central or industrial kitchen, factory, production facilities, etc.
- Food service in portable vehicle - you provide food service in portable vehicles (incl. food truck, bus, stationary vessel, etc.)
- Temporary food establishment - you sell food or provide food services for a period of up to 3 months
- Food storage/wholesale – you are a wholesaler or supplier whose primary business is to sell food to other businesses
- Transporting food/logistics – your main business activity is the transportation of food (online shop, food delivery services)
- Animal farming/harvesting/hunting (primary production) – you raise animals, cultivate plants, pick berries/mushrooms.
- Making food at home - you prepare food at home for sale (e.g. cakes, sushi, etc.), and your premises are not specifically adapted for food production.
- Food service in institution - you provide a food service in an institution (school, kindergarten, prison, hospital)