Frequently asked questions
Is FoodDocs software compliant and certified?
Being certified means that FoodDocs has documented processes. It is not about us certifying our customers but about us being a reliable company to work with. FoodDocs helps you set up and follow your food safety system more easily.
Can I use FoodDocs if I comply with ISO 22 000?
FoodDocs is suitable for all food handlers, including producers and primary producers, covering several food safety standards, including HACCP, HAPRC, ISO, FSSC, VACCP, TACCP, BRC, IFS. Sign up today!
Will local authorities approve my digital HACCP plan and monitoring sheets that I created using FoodDocs?
According to the law, a compliant HACCP system is required on the site of each food business. It can be on paper or in a digital format, whichever the customer prefers.
How can I show my digital HACCP plan to the local authorities?
You can show your digital HACCP plan to your inspector either from your computer or from a mobile device. You can also invite your inspector to view your FoodDocs dashboard remotely on the inspection day. This will help you spend less time on the inspection itself.
Who is responsible for my HACCP plan that I created in FoodDocs?
The official representative of a food business is responsible for creating and having a compliant HACCP plan and system. FoodDocs is software that helps businesses that serve and sell food create and manage their food safety system.
Can I have a contract with FoodDocs?
Is the software FoodDocs uses secure?
FoodDocs uses industry-standard cryptographic authentication methods to keep all your account and company data secure. FoodDocs creates backups of your data daily which are, by default, stored for one week. Your company data is accessible only to users authorised by your main user. Your company's main user has an overview and control over all access rights granted to users (including access rights granted to FoodDocs support personnel).
Where is data stored?
FoodDocs has three secure data centres: One in Nuremberg in Germany; one in Falkenstein/Vogtland in Germany; and one in Helsinki in Finland. All server systems used by FoodDocs have been issued an ISO 27001 certificate.
Who can see my captured data and recipes? How safe is it?
All captured data, including recipes, is accessible to only those people the customer has given access to. Nobody else can see your documents in FoodDocs.
What happens to my data if I cancel my subscription?
All your data will be deleted within 30 days after canceling your subscription.
Can I export all the inserted data?
During your subscription period you can always download and print all the activities and data you have inserted into FoodDocs.
What languages do you support?
FoodDocs is available in the following languages: English, German, Spanish, Catalan, Estonian, Russian, Ukrainian, and Latvian (ENG, GER, SPA, CAT, EST, RUS, UKR, LAT). Our app and our dashboard support all these languages.
How and in which currency do I pay for the software?
You can pay by credit card or after having received an invoice, in one of the following three currencies: EUR, GBP, and USD.
On what devices can I use FoodDocs?
What happens if my internet connection is poor or not stable? For example, in basements or on ships.
Our app can also work offline. As soon as it connects, your data in FoodDocs will be synchronised.
How do I receive monitoring reminders?
You must first download the app to receive notifications through the app. You can change the monitoring sequence to match your needs under the Settings icon.
Can I customise my HACCP plan in FoodDocs?
Can I download my HACCP plan?
Yes, you can download your HACCP plan as a paper copy after you have been subscribed for a year.
But truth be told, you do not need to print your HACCP at all! FoodDocs as a platform works as a central knowledge base for the food safety side of your entire business. It is a tool for you and your staff.
It is actually better to keep your HACCP digital and to show it to your inspector and to your staff digitally.
Since a paper HACCP plan is usually more than 100 pages long, it is hard to know and remember everything that is in there. This turns into a safety threat since all food safety hazards cannot be prevented, eliminated or reduced. On top of that, a HACCP printed out on paper can be quite unhygienic.
What if I need help to set up my FoodDocs account?
What if I don't know all the specifics of the local rules?
How do I choose my main field of activity?
- Food service - you provide food service, for example prepare or reheat food to eat on-site or to take away (incl. a restaurant, cafe, bar, pub, nightclub, hotel, hostel, B&B);
- Food retail - you sell food to the end customer (incl. a shop, shopping centre, market, kiosk, point of sale);
- Food production - you produce food in a central or industrial kitchen, factory, production facility;
- Food service in a portable vehicle - you provide food service in a portable vehicles (incl. a food truck, bus, stationary vessel);
- Temporary food establishment - you sell food or provide food services for a period of up to 3 months;
- Food storage/wholesale – you are a wholesaler or a supplier whose primary business is to sell food to other businesses;
- Transporting food/logistics – your main business activity is the transportation of food (an online shop or a food delivery service);
- Animal farming/harvesting/hunting (primary production) – you raise animals, cultivate plants or pick berries/mushrooms;
- Making food at home - you prepare food at home for sale (for example cakes, sushi, etc.), and your premises is not specifically adapted for food production; and
- Food service in an institution - you provide a food service in an institution (school, nursery school or preschool, prison, hospital).